Friday, May 20, 2011

Progress!

So after my April trip to Kaye and Nave's place, I have been very unproductive. I think it's just being back at home and getting through work.

Yesterday, I dusted off my beautiful machine and got to work finishing my collar for Athena Glory. Over my visit in April, I finished making the shirt base for the summer uniform and hemming the dress, which a ton of help from Goose. He's my pin-man. I don't have any progress shots, as Kaye has beautifully posted in her last entry, but I can tell you it's coming together.

Here's a list of what's left for me.
-Casting Athena's tie gem and making the tie.
-Painting Athena's shirt and dress (Paint scares me, just a little. All that hard work can be undone by a poor brush stroke.)
-Altering the rain boots I got for Athena. (More cutting and painting, then sealing)
-Making Athena's hat (cutting, sewing, fitting, figuring out how to form the foam in the hat, so it sits right.)
-Maybe making Maa-sachou, so I don't have to carry around an oar every time I put on this costume.
-The sleeves, gloves and tiaras for the Sailor Senshi (requires me to go to the craft and hardware store for properly matching thread and brass sheets)
-All of Chihiro Ogino's Bathhouse Attendant uniform from Spirited Away. This is my June/July task.
-All of Kaonashi from Spirited Away. This is another June/July task. The mask, body and props are my task.

Goose's tasks are:
-Athena's Oar
-Sailor Pluto's Garnet Rod
-Kaonashi's Frame

His list is shorter, but it doesn't mean he has less work.

A little over two months left, but I think we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment