As usual, regular life comes first and there hasn't been any progress on my end. I started making my shirt for one of my cosplays, but it didn't work out. Needless to say, I have to remake it. Oh well.
Kaye got me a sweet dressform for Christmas, so I predict it will be seeing a lot of use very soon.
The holidays take away a lot of my funds, so I have very little to spend on cosplay at the moment. Also, work is very busy as the holiday break is coming.
Plus, I've just been lazy. After a long day of work, I don't want to have to break out my sewing supplies and start up my project.
But after the holidays are over, I need to get my butt in gear. I have 6 costumes to put together and I need to be productive in the new year.
So here are my New Year's Resolutions for 2011:
- I will keep my room and work area fairly neat. When it's messy, I don't feel like doing anything and fall back in the same routine. Cleaning a few things every time beats cleaning a crap-load of stuff all at once.
- I will keep as closely to my cosplay schedule as humanly possible. I may have been over-ambitious with my schedule, but as long as I do a little every day or every other day, all costumes should be complete by Otakon 2011. And with some buffer time, there's time to go slowly and be careful. I work the best with nothing hanging over my head.
- I will physically work on no more than two costumes at a time. Even if i get bored with one kind of fabric. I have a habit of getting bored with the costume I'm currently working on and look into another costume. Then another after I get bored with that one. Then yet another one when I get bored with that one. And then I have three unfinished costumes and more work for myself. Which is no good, because I either forget where I am in the project or I don't like where I was going or I just find some reason to scrap it and have another go. This starts a new cycle of what's listed above and I'm left with piles of unfinished, unhemmed, unfitted non-costumes.
Things to look forward to in January 2011 (to give myself some accountability):
- Super Sailor Pluto boots
- Various Sailor Moon tiaras
- Athena Glory's Orange Planet uniform
Until next time!