Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Minor setback...

So I've been decently productive the past few weeks aside from some severe procrastination and excessive photo taking the past few days with my new phone (though, I'm grumbling about the lack of a QWERTY keyboard. This touchscreen only fad needs to go away like, NOW). There's been a minor set back though, and this is because of my own arrogance and lack of decent screen shots.

I had thought that Inara's dress for the training house fight scene with Malcolm and the Operative was an opaque skirt and the jump suit portion was completely unnecessary.

Then I rewatched the movie to get a better idea of how the skirt flows and... lo and behold: the damn thing is made out of some sheer silk material (I'm going with chiffon, so it won't break my wallet) and hits about an inch above her ankles.

So right now I'm looking at fabric swatches on fabric.com and just ordered some. Hopefully this won't be too huge of one. I was planning on remaking the shirt anyways, because the pattern I initially used has this really awkward bunching on the side of the bust.

And her necklace and earrings are going to take some digging to find the components.

...

On another note, I'm mostly done with the sewing for the Xing costumes, and I only need to sew the holsters and coat for Evan's Malcom costume? And order the gun tomorrow?

...

*SIIIIGH*

No comments:

Post a Comment